November 19 – At REUTERS – 6/8 boulevard Haussmann – Paris
MASTER OF CEREMONY:
- François Vannesson, Treasurer of D&C
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: EUROPE AND THE STATE AS SHAREHOLDER:THE CONBSEQUENCES FOR COMPETITION
- Olivier Guersent, Director General, Directorate-General for Competition (COMP), European Commission
ROUNDTABLE 1: POLITICAL ANALYSIS OF THE DETERMINANTS OF THE RISE OF PROTECTIONNISM
Should the scope of the Foreign Investment Regulationbe revisited?
- Hervé Novelli, former Secretary of State for Trade, Craft Industry and SMEs
- Philippe Varin, former President of France Industrie, Chairman of the Board, Suez
- Georges Ugeux, Chairman of D&C, adjunct professor at Columbia Law School
ROUNDTABLE 2: HAVE THE POWERS OF LOCAL CONTROLLING SHAREHOLDERS STRENGHTHENED?
Has the Florange Act contributed to deter foreign investors ?
Can dual-class shares (shares with multiples voting rights) contribute to the attractiveness of the Paris financial center?
Should we anticipate the end of corporate pyramids and “commandites par actions”?
- Alexandre Garel, Assistant Professor, Audencia Business School, member of the Steering committee of D&C
Paper presentation: The Effect of Tenure-Based Voting Rights on Stock Market Atrtractiveness
- Benoît de Juvigny, General Secretary, Financial Markets Authority
- Alain Pietrancosta, Professor and member of Legal High Committee for Financial Markets of Paris (HCJP), Member of the Executive Committee of D&C
- Denis Branche, co-founder of Phitrust
- Angus Milne, Risk & Compliance Director, TCI Fund Management
ROUNDTABLE 3: WHAT IS THE ROLE OF THE FRENCH STATE IN M&A OPERATIONS AND GOVERNANCE?
What conflicts does the French State face in its capacity as shareholder?
What impact does the French state have on French M&A deals and the governance of listed companies?
- Mariana Pargendler, Global Professor of Law NYU, São Paulo
Paper presentation: The Grip of Nationalism on Corporate Law
- Pierre-Olivier Savoie, Co-founder of Savoie Laporte, Montreal
- Sophie Vermeille, founder of D&C
Others speakers to be confirmed
END OF THE CONFERENCE
Roundtable 1 will be held in French
and Roundtables 2 & 3 will be held both in French and English
The event is free for academics and civil servants. If you are an academic or a civil servant (only), please contact: email@example.com to register