9.00am – Welcome Speech and Introduction,
- Gilles de Margerie, General Commissioner, France Stratégie
9.15am – Stanislas Guérini, Member of the French Parliament
9.30am – Nicole Notat, CEO, Vigéo-Eiris
9.45am – FIRST ROUND TABLE: Active shareholders’ relationship with companies’ boards: toward a new corporate governance model ?
Should corporate governance evolve to support companies’ long-term growth, and how ? What will be the consequences on litigation and how will it impact the companies’ strategy and the shareholders’ engagement ? Is a long term commitment from shareholders the necessary condition to companies’ long term growth ?
- Éliane Rouyer-Chevalier, independent board member, Legrand
- Harlan Zimmerman, Cevian
- Jirí Król, Alternative Investment Management Association
- Jean-Florent Rérolle, Morrow Sodali
Moderator : Sophie Vermeille Droit & Croissance
11.00 am – Coffee Break
11.30 am – SECOND ROUND TABLE : Increased Investor protection to support shareholder engagement
Is it necessary to change minority investors protection in France and in Europe ? Should we favour “soft law” or “hard law”, such as class actions or other mechanisms recognised by the court ?
- Ahmed Guénaoui, French ministry of Economy and Finance
- Benjamin Kanovitch, Bredin Prat
- Anne-Sophie d’Andlau, CIAM
- Robert Peres, Rechtsanwait
Moderator : Clara Martins Pereira, Droit & Croissance
12.45am – Concluding Remarks, Sophie Vermeille Droit & Croissance